Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looking4hope View Post
Five Truths About Fear

1. The fear will never go away as long as I continue to grow.

2. The only way to get rid of the fear of doing something is to go out… and do it .

3. The only way to feel better about myself is to go out… and do it.

4. Not only am I going to experience fear whenever I’m on unfamiliar territory, but so is everyone else.

5. Pushing through fear is less frightening than living with the underlying fear that comes from a feeling of helplessness.

If everybody feels fear when approaching
something new in life,
yet so many are out there “doing it”
despite the fear,
then we must conclude that
Fear is not the problem.

From the book “Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway”
By Susan Jeffers Phd
I don't KNOW about these sayings, Sorry. I am finding the world alot Scarier than ever out there. Sometimes FEAR is not JUST an emotion, it's a Survival Tactic. Over the past 10 or so years I am finding my environment a lot more dangerous. It doesn't really matter where I go the Dangerous element seems to be there. Innocent situations suddenly erupt into Nasty Events. I try to keep an open mind about this but it becoming more and more Clear to me that our World is a very Dangerous place.

I am basicly a happy person but after these encounters with elements of our society, it takes me a while to calm down. When "someone" comes at you yelling and swearing and waving their arms and acting like they are going to HURT or maybe even KILL you, it affects you. It changes you. I don't LIKE the way I feel after a near miss but I guess it's better than having my brains beat in and ending up in a coma or dead. people are out there getting shot whilke sitting in their cars minding their own business. Some of our Fears ARE justified from REAL Danger. And for people to tell you to go out and face them, well, that's just suicide.

I'm not talking about irrational or unjustified FEAR, I am talking about REALITY. And it makes me angry when people don't SEE what's going on all around us.

I live everyday with REAL Fear of my surroundings. It used to be a nice neighborhood and still can be BUT if people don't stop and look around and SEE what's going on, well, what else can I say?? Protect yourself, it's Dangerous out there.