View Single Post
Old 03-11-2008, 01:28 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by momXseven View Post
I got a cane years ago when I broke my big toe, I didn't need crushes but did need to keep most of my weight off of my right foot when I was wearing the "big ugly boot". So even than it was hard on my arm and hand to use the cane than, the fibro leaves my muscles weak.

I used a scooter when I went to the store when I had that "big ugly boot" on and my arms would hurt so bad by the time I left from holding them out to drive it.

As for the walker, I just don't want to do that at my age

No I have not been tested for strength.

I also don't want to throw $5-10K just for the once in a while thing I might, might not need a few things a month. I guess this is why I posted this thread, what else can I do?
Can your husband hold your hand when you have to do a lot of walking? Sometimes holding someone's hand will help you psychologically to feel like you're walking better. (it works for my mom some)

I know when I was dizzy last summer and going out on dates with my boyfriend I was holding his hand a lot. He thinks it's because I wanted to get closer, and that might have been part of it, but it was mostly because I was a little dizzy and wanted the support, and because he was walking too fast and I wanted him to slow down.
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
momXseven (03-11-2008)