Thread: Three Bullets
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2008, 08:43 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I talk too much ..... and I do it so poorly.
(But first I want to thank Lasgo MUCH for pointing out John 16:33 -- WOW. The first time I saw that here I copied it, printed it and put it on the bulletin board above my pc. Now I'm going to put it on all the things I carve. I've always used Phil. 4:13, but I think this is "better" - more satisfactory. May God bless you even more )

Now maybe I can tell a little (even if long) story about how Jesus helped me take steps. Little steps that work toward a big goal.

I was a heavy smoker for 42 years and I loved every cigarette so much I didn't want to quit. I didn't try to quit and I'm a weakling anyhow. Then the brain tumor showed up and I knew I would be spending so very much time in the hospital for testing before the surgery.

I asked Jesus to take over AND HE DID. It wasn't easy but He helped me.

One way that worked was me wanting a "smoke" badly and telling myself I could have one 'in two hours' and then doing something else. Of course, two hours later I wouldn't be thinking of one, or if I did, I would say, "One more hour."
I kept praying, asking for His help, thanking Him for being with me, asking Him to keep me calm, asking Him to kill that tumor.

Everything worked. HE WORKED. That tumor is gone. I've had two brain surgeries. I haven't had a seizure for 9 months. I haven't had a cigarette for two and a half years.

All because Jesus helped me take one small step at a time.
Wren is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Chemar (03-11-2008), Curious (03-11-2008), Lasgo (03-11-2008)