View Single Post
Old 03-11-2008, 11:33 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koala77 View Post
For the past week or so, my computer has been restarting itself at the most in-opportune moments....not that any moment is a good one when I didn't ask for the restart myself.

Sometimes it only gets as far as opening to my screensaver page. Sometimes I can be on a website for ages and all of a sudden the computer will shut down ... but automatically restart again.

Does anyone know what might be the cause if it's something that's obvious to you, or does it sound terribly expensive? If it's the latter, then I guess my days on line are numbered!

Thank you in anticipation to anyone who might have an idea.
Don't you just love it when computers do this?
It sounds like it can't boot up successfully, so restarts to try again. Then, when going, it detects a problem and wants to correct it by rebooting-which is the usual way of correcting some things.
Could be a program that is causing it. Have you added anything new?
Do you have a restore point that you could go back to and try? This is always a good practice, so i suggest that you do it once it is running OK.
Failing that, I would be pointing a finger at the motherboard-it may be starting to fail. If that is the case, it may be terminal....
Peter B is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Koala77 (03-11-2008)