View Single Post
Old 03-12-2008, 10:56 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Question about getting better and/or well?

I have been thinking about this question for a few days.

When talking to my Dr. Monday he was asking me what I did for myself. He says all I do is talk about what I do for the kids. He asked me what I did to make me happy. He ask me about my past which he knows more of it and remembers more of it then I do due to also councelling me.

I am going on 57. As I told him I got sick at the ripe old age of 36. It started in 87 with an etopic pregnancy. From there it was all down hill. I also made the remark that everyone expects me to stay like I am.

That's what brings me to the question. I do know there are many more people in this world today. Many many baby boomers and now we have the younger generation coming on and coming up with things like MS, RSD, TOS, Fibromyalgia, CPS, you name it.

I realize there is no cure for these yet. I am wondering if any of you get the feeling from your Drs. that this is normal, we are suppose to just deal with what we have, we will never get well, there is no cure for any of these as I said so they see it that way, and I question how much research is being done on any of this.

Why have Drs. gotten to the point that we should accept where we are at and live with it? Like I said, I am 57 now. Luckily I won't have to deal with this again as long as you much younger ones. Why is it so easy to accept that so many people have these diseases and illnesses and they should all stay that way.

This is the way it seems to me with Drs. nowadays no matter what kind they are.

I will say my Dr. does get me in every week, twice last week to try and keep my RSD and other problems calmed down. I can even walk in and they will take care of me, I am working hard at at least getting better but it's frustrating.

I do believe also in surgeries to get a part of us better if we feel we need it. I think surgeries are important even though we have RSD to get a part of us doing somewhat better.

Any thoughts on this?

Ada
dreambeliever128 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote