View Single Post
Old 03-12-2008, 01:55 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious View Post
i have boxes and boxes of books. goodwill has books for 50c. plus our business is in the same shopping center as half price books. got inside connections there.

i wish postage wasn't so high...i'd give the books free here.

tootsie...have you tried changing the resolution on your monitor or toning it down? that really helps with the brightenss an glare.

we might need to come up with a book exchange around here. lots of readers.

~TY for the ink cartridge link sharon. with owning a business, we tend to use a lot. i donate the empties to the school. the cost of these little suckers is so high for the number of copies. ugh.
I do play with my monitor settings, but the glare is still a problem for my sensitive eyes. I'm such a pansy!

The idea of burning to CD's is a good one. I will say though that I have tried books on CD and with the exception of traveling and listening to them in the car, I don't do well with the CDS. I start thinking of something else while it's playing. I don't know why. I don't do that when I read a book????

I also have been known to fall asleep. DH hubby comes in and takes my ear buds off and turns off my CD player.

He gets a laugh out of it.

I think book exchanges are good, BUT I love my books and rarely part with them. I loaned one out and doggone I never got it back. It was a rare book so I cannot replace it easily.

DH also loaned a book (1st issue of his Automobile Quarterly). The person never returned it. Long time ago; not forgotten though. Unfortunately the person didn't apologize and who knows where the book went. They are collectables.

Not like we can replace it.

Diane