View Single Post
Old 03-12-2008, 03:20 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

For all the kids who have been watching...WOOHOO!!!! This is a race ran to remember those who did the impossible back in 1925 (serum run), the love for the sport and love of man's best friend. Originally these teams brought mail and supplies to villages. The snow machine and planes have since replaced them, and the sport began. Many of these villages are still roadless and the only way there is by "Bush Plane".

A tidbit: When the mushers are in town, they have a truck with a shell built on; Each dog has his own cave built in with their names on them. On top of the shell you will find the sled. They draw crowds of children who love to see the dogs

I have a neighbor next to my cabin who runs this race (not this year) and I know if funds are tight, the dogs eat while the musher starves...much like a parent would do for their own children. It's a love match between these amazing people and their dogs...and thanks for letting me share this all with you. It's a celebration for the locals...just like a super bowl

Til next year.....

Wisdom to the soul is what health is to the body

Last edited by sugarboo; 03-12-2008 at 05:02 PM.
sugarboo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote