View Single Post
Old 03-12-2008, 03:56 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Hi CB! Well, I have found myself in a similar situation w/my own DS. He has had a kidney transplant and is immunosuppressant, which means.... He catches everything. I try to be the overprotective Mom, always have been.... BUT.... my DH takes me aside and gently tells me to take a step back and let him live.
I've been doing this for 29 yrs, as he was very ill at birth. Plus, he is almost blind.. So....

I can relate to how scared you are. Our children are our lives...My DS runs his own business and is around germs, bugs all the time. I stress about it so much.

Just last Sat, we were in the ER clinic, as a drippy nose turned into bronchitis overnight. He is really sick right now, but is at work!!!

Yup, being a parent is the hardest job I've ever had, but the most rewarding. I understand your fear for your son. I live it every day, but I also "try" to understand that he needs to do his thing.

I will keep your son and you in my prayers and DO keep us posted on how he's doing. Chemo is tough stuff... Sending hugs to you...

DM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote