View Single Post
Old 03-12-2008, 05:47 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default Ron - too bad you sold that greenhouse

Wanda and I could have rented it from you But you are correct. People in the US are brainwashed to sneer at "socialized" medicine and to believe that our system is the best in the world. The truth of the matter is that we have one of the worst of any first-world country. The only reason that I am able to have insurance at all is because I am a member of a national engineering society with 60,000 members. Even with those numbers to support me, my coverage last year cost almost $20,000. That is not a typo. Self-employed and sick can be a deadly combo here. The only reason they get away with it is because so many are covered by their place of work that they don't see it until they lose a job or become ill and find that suddenly their premium goes up each month until they have to give up. But then you are just one accident or illness away from bankruptcy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronhutton View Post
Rick,
If it takes too long or gets put on the back burner, I have a cunning plan....... Come along with Wanda and live in the UK
Free prescriptions for senior citizens, tax free attendance allowance for disabled, generous social security benfits which attract hundreds of thousands of immigrants from Europe, and the rest of the world. A national newspaper carried a story of a family where 3 generations of the same family had never worked, due to the government handouts providing them with similar benefits to what they would receive if they worked!!!
Can't help feeling it is all wrong
Ron
Currently (2011) taking 200/50 Sinemet CR 8 times a day + 10/100 Sinemet 3 times a day. Functional 90% of waking day but fragile. Failure at exercise but still trying. Constantly experimenting. Beta blocker and ACE inhibitor at present. Currently (01/2013) taking ldopa/carbadopa 200/50 CR six times a day + 10/100 form 3 times daily. Functional 90% of day. Update 04/2013: L/C 200/50 8x; Beta Blocker; ACE Inhib; Ginger; Turmeric; Creatine; Magnesium; Potassium. Doing well.
reverett123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote