View Single Post
Old 03-12-2008, 06:33 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Lightbulb Off the subject, but have you been screened for Celiac Disease or Gluten Sensitivity?

I came across your post when searching for information on pseudo seizures or non-epileptic seizures for people with celiac disease or gluten sensitivity. It's underdiagnosed for the folks that present with atypical symptoms and with all of the possible symptoms it is even overlooked when intestinal symptoms are present. I have a twin sister who was also diagnosed. She suffered from panic attacks, depression, ADD... all associated with her celiac disease. I also have an aunt that suffered from non-epileptic seizures and was told she was crazy for years... also can be part of celiacs. Not to get on my soap box... sorry.

Anyway. Just thought I'd ask and put it on your radar in case. I was misdiagnosed for 13 years with everything under the sun. I have the added pleasure of being obese, which is completely against the norm for the classic presentation of celiacs. I will send some good thoughts your way no matter what. I hope everything works out for you.
Take care!