View Single Post
Old 03-12-2008, 07:28 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshadow View Post
But the second part, on wehtehr you meet non-medical requirements - I don't "get" that, so if that is negative and you were resting part of your case on it, or you're not 100% by this decision alone, then I would lodge my request in writing when and if you get a negative decision.
Tam, actually I do have an attorney (Binder & Binder) had them thru the whole process. There is a cap on what they can take as payment: 25% of my lump sum OR $5200 whichever is LESS!

I confirmed what this is today on the Social Security website:
-----
What are non-medical requirements for disability?

Question:
I applied for Social Security disability benefits and received a letter that says I am medically disabled but that SSA will review the non-medical part of my claim. What are non-medical requirements?

Answer:
To receive Social Security Disability benefits a person must meet Social Security's definition of disability and meet certain non-medical eligibility requirements. Examples of non-medical eligibility requirements include proof of age, employment, marital status, or Social Security coverage information.

State agencies (usually called Disability Determination Services or DDSs) make the medical determination on a claim.

Local Social Security offices are responsible for verifying non-medical eligibility requirements.
----------

so I assume this is simply making sure I'm a US Citizen, don't owe back taxes, don't have hidden assets etc. A Local level check.

I have an appointment next week with my mother's Attorney for wills, trusts, estates. I'm going to review my situation with him while setting up her estate. I'm going to be executrix and we don't want that messing anything up with my SSD/SSI.

My girls will also get a retroactive lump check and monthly checks until age 18. The forms will be here in a week or so from my attorney and they will file them with SS for me.

Yes, I hope this will give many here some hope and set a precident in 'the system'.

"It is what it is."

Last edited by astern; 03-12-2008 at 07:38 PM. Reason: add info
astern is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote