View Single Post
Old 03-12-2008, 10:02 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tootsie View Post
I do play with my monitor settings, but the glare is still a problem for my sensitive eyes. I'm such a pansy!

The idea of burning to CD's is a good one. I will say though that I have tried books on CD and with the exception of traveling and listening to them in the car, I don't do well with the CDS. I start thinking of something else while it's playing. I don't know why. I don't do that when I read a book????

I also have been known to fall asleep. DH hubby comes in and takes my ear buds off and turns off my CD player.

He gets a laugh out of it.

I think book exchanges are good, BUT I love my books and rarely part with them. I loaned one out and doggone I never got it back. It was a rare book so I cannot replace it easily.

DH also loaned a book (1st issue of his Automobile Quarterly). The person never returned it. Long time ago; not forgotten though. Unfortunately the person didn't apologize and who knows where the book went. They are collectables.

Not like we can replace it.

Diane
I love books on CD. I copied mine onto my MP3 player and there's something to do when the cable goes out. Never makes me fall alseep, but then, i'm listening to Stephen King.

Whos's sleeping through that?

I'm the same way with my books though - there are some I could part with, if they weren't so hot. But most I want to read over and over. I just love them.
southie (03-14-2008)