View Single Post
Old 10-10-2006, 11:38 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hello! For me, a few things that have helped:

-An adjustable bed...I am getting to the point of being unable to sleep on either side, and having my head raised and putting pillows behind my arms helps so much.

-A strap sewn into my clothing to use for arm support, although I think I'm going to look into the "ergo shoulder support" that Di posted about. It doesn't put any pressure on the neck or shoulder at all.

-I started using a home shop program that my local grocery store offers. For $9.95 I can shop online and they will deliver my groceries right to my very own kitchen! Grocery shopping has been a nightmare for me for years...this has been such a blessing. We also have a Sam's Club that you can shop online with; they will compile all the groceries in carts, and all you have to do is pick them up. I think they have a mail service, also, but you have to pay shipping and that obviously wouldn't work too well for perishables. This is a really nice option for a place like Sam's, since almost everything comes in large, heavy packages.

-I received a lot of good advice last year on the old board for remodeling...the things I have found the most helpful have been slide out drawers in my kitchen cupboards, single handle faucets, lever door handles, and crank-style windows in place of sliders or double-hung. We still ended up with a sliding door (my husband likes them!) that I wish we had traded out for swinging doors...it can be pretty hard to slide sometimes. We may replace it one of these days. Still trying to figure out where to put the hot tub

I'm sure I'll think of more, but can't type anymore. I have several pages of self-care tips that were archived on the old board...I can copy them here somewhere, but would someone please tell me where you want them?

Thanks!

Donna
Donna7 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote