Thread: Greetings
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2008, 10:52 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

My name is Melissa and I am 28 years old. I have been diagnosed with a sensory inflamatory neuropathy, with symptoms of CIDP. I have been suffering for over a year now, it started with tingling in my hands and feet. My GP told me it was all in my head, within a month my feet were numb and up to my calves. I finally found a good neurologist, but by this time it had travelled up to above my knees and into my hands and arms. My balance was off do much that I couldn't have a shower without falling. I couldn't wear jeans because I couldn't do up the zippers. The elastics for my hair hurt my hands and I couldn't do my hair anymore so off she came. I couldn't print or use the computer, and the doc was talking about taking my drivers license away. After many test and much pain I was put on Gabapentin( sorry if I spelled wrong). I was taking up to 4200 mg a day to help me get by. After six months of this my wonderful new neurologist put me on the IVIG treatment. I go 5 days a month every mont, and wow! I can walk again, I can put on my own jeans again. I can go on this web site and post! Is there anyone else out there who is my age, female and has these same symptoms? The doc doesn't knwo why this happened to me, he is very curious . One thought was a vitamin B6 overload, one other was a B deficiency. But who knows. They did blood work before the treatment to send to the mayo clinic along with my nerve sample, but they lost the blood, so I guess they will never know why. Hopefully the IVIG will continue to help, I've been on it for 5 months now. Sorry so long. Talk soon!
messymel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote