View Single Post
Old 03-12-2008, 11:52 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I used to do a lot of painting on plaster miniature house like for my Christmas village so I would use some kind of craft paint. What I will probabkly do is make one to test it out.

I had another idea and tried it and it failed. I found the idea in a magazine. You took broken tiles and glued them on a plastic easter egg and then put your grout on. I was able to do it OK but it took me about a day to do one. You had to wait for the adhesive to completely dry before turning the egg to put more peices on. My darling little 6 year old grandaughter wouldn't have the patience to do that. Plus I only see her about once every 4 - 6 weeks. So we would never get 15 eggs done.

The firast year I helped her make Christmas presents, I wanted them to look really nice so I redid a lot of her work to make it perfect. Then I realized that it was from a 3 year old!!!! So I learned my lesson and try to keep it easy but yet nice. Plus if we make hand print coasters, the 2 year old can help us! Can't wait to get all messy with them!
doydie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote