View Single Post
Old 03-13-2008, 11:26 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default anterior microforaminotomy at one level

I had an anterior microforaminotomy at one level 3 weeks ago. All the pain in my neck, trap, shoulder and bicep is gone. It's still early, but I'm trying to stay optomistic. I got to a point where I was no longer able to work and had to do something. i read as many posts as I could on this site, and I did some research online about anterior microforaminotomies. The procedure to many docs is still new, but outside sources other than Jho state that the initial results are better than fusion. Additionally, from what I have read, this procedure is better than a posterior approach because the surgeon is able to access the front part of the spine which is generally where the lesions are located.

I also me another patient at Dr. Jho's office who was having an anterior micro before my surgery date and spoke with him. His surgery thus far has been very successful. I hope this helps. I know how nerve racking this process can be and good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by df847455 View Post
I am headed for Dr. Jho on April 2 for my consultation. I already saw Dr. Kang at UPMC who was HIGHLY recommended and researched, but I really don't want the "bone from the hip" for the cervical fusion thing and hope Dr. Jho is my man. From what I have read in most cases it seems some people go in to surgery forgetting the warnings they were given about what "could happen", but most likely won't. Sometimes the surgeries are not a success or things can get worse.

Dr. Kang already warned me as I am sure Dr. Jho's office will. Then some people tear Dr. Jho down with out all the facts so I am weighing things myself. I have read a few unfortunate situations with Dr. Jho that I have no explanation for, but I guess I will follow my heart and common sense and pray for the best what ever I decide. Any more Dr. Jho stories of success I would like to hear them. thanks, david
mkamph is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote