Old 03-13-2008, 12:10 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo55 View Post
http://www.usaweekend.com/08_issues/...migraines.html

Migraine sufferers have thick brain area
By Peggy J. Noonan

People who suffer migraine headaches have differences in the part of the brain that processes pain and other sensory information, says a study that was published in the medical journal Neurology.

I kicked Lipitor to the curb after 2 yrs, besides the cost and possible liver problems due to statin drugs, I decided it was playing a part in my RSI/TOS symptoms.
Since I quit taking it in 04 I have fewer of the achy muscle pains.
The medications forum has some threads with more info on statins and other cholesterol lowering ideas.

Jo,
I forgot to add in the above post that since I've stopped the Lipitor, I am having significantly less pain in my neck and shoulders- it's unbelievable. It didn't happen right away- in fact, I've just noticed it in the last couple of weeks, but there is a big difference. I knew that statins could cause muscle pain and damage and I'd had mild aching in my calves, particularly at night, and since it wasn't too bad I'd blamed it on being on my feet alot during the day. But what has been stunning to me is that I'm having so much less pain elsewhere. I used to take Ultracet as needed and am on Elavil and Zanaflex. I haven't had to take Ultracet in several weeks and feel like I could decrease or stop the Zanaflex- that's how much difference there's been for me. I urge anybody who's on this to search for message boards about Lipitor and you'll be surprised how many people complain about shoulder pain, neck pain, loss of memory to the point they feared they were getting Alzheimers, having to be tested because the dr.'s thought they had MS or ALS,etc.

Thanks Tamara-it's nice to see you too! I hope you've been doing better.
redjpwranglergirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
astern (03-13-2008), Jomar (03-13-2008)