View Single Post
Old 10-11-2006, 02:48 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Feeding a family

I know you must be going thru a difficult time and are facing some decisions that will change your lifestyle. I have suffered many years with food allergies and have changed my eating habits accordingly through the years. Although I have been lucky enough to be able to eat rice. I do not eat any other grains except a little corn. I am GF, DF, & mostly grain free, corn syrup free, & saturated fat free. I eat only an occasional egg, and am also allergic to the following: grapefruit, blackpepper, mushrooms, chick peas, split peas, English peas, potatoes, beef, sodas, coffee, tea, cod fish...
I also do not eat salt with iodine in it. I use a good grade of sea salt, the taste alone is worth it. I have absolutely nothing with any artificial sugar as an ingredient. I also try to avoid all of the additives & artificial color and preservatives that I can.

I am feeling so healthy & have energy & great looking skin. I am now making my own jelly & jam, I brush my teeth with baking soda. to me this sounds a little out there but I have evolved as I learned about things that were not in my best health interest, I discarded them. I love chocolate as much as anyone but really I am getting to be a huge believer in eating whole foods. I think fruit & nuts is the perfect breakfast food...

I encourage you to try the basic whole foods for your family. I know it is not easy but I think you will see results that will make it all worth while. & please do not listen to everything the docs say...
GFPaperdoll is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote