View Single Post
Old 03-13-2008, 05:28 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Mucker; I think you are wise to stay away from wcb's pain clinic. I would be afraid it would be a packaged deal, meaning physical therapy, occupational thearapy(work hardening), physchological counseling,and there is usually a team coorinator(a nurse) and of course a Doctor. While I think some of the clinic might be beneficial for ex: the Doctor to help sort out medications and possibley try new one's with observation and guidence.Of course physc. counselling can be of help with chronic pain and the loses that come with a work injury. However that being said, one area that I would be cautious about is work hardening and some exercises from physical therapy. Did you see the Physiatrist lately? since their speciality is physical rehabilitation it would be wise to touch base with he/or she first reguarding if physical therapy is appropriate and what's the best exercises or stretches for your particular injury. Have you reached Maximum Medical Improvement?? I get so angry!! Barb listen to your Family Doctor, She has your best interest at heart as wcb just puts the cart before the horse(getting you back to work with no thought or care for your mental and physical state). They have guidelines and policie's to follow and they tend to push alot of decisions to medical advisor's which have no trouble with denial. Whatever they are paid, I just coudn't do it (one must live with one's self and be able to know that we must be accountable in the end for our decisions especially when you are making decisions for an injured worker that needs your help.
I am speaking from experience. I know your not ready for work hardening. If message gives you relief from pain, thats a good place to start. I think a Doctor spealizing in medications a pain doctor another great idea. Honestly I just can't believe the way injured worker's are pushed through a system. People just don't have time to heal. Injured worker's making life, career decisions before they even know what disabilities or physical impairments they are left with. Enough said(angry). All my best buddy.
hairdresser is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mucker (03-15-2008)