View Single Post
Old 03-13-2008, 08:05 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Tos

TOS! Yes, I actually though I had that in the beginning, but let me back up.

I injured myself grooming dogs. I was working about 12 hours a day and started having trouble with my right hand. Tests for carpel tunnel came back negative. (EMG) In the meantime I was given a 10 lb weight restriction, and went back to work and fought with my boss, him making me groom dogs of all weights. In additoin to my hand problems, I started to get weak in the right arm, then the left. After a few weeks of this, I "crashed" with my pinky and forfinger splayed out, unable to move them. I had been grooming 2 matted chows, as it was summertime at the time, with my left arm and woke up the morning after thinking I'd pulled my arm out of it's socket!

After two weeks of laying on the couch, I finally went to see an unknown doctor, who sent me for a C-Spine and T-Spine MRI. I had two herniated discs C-5-7 and one bulging at C-4 and when I went for ACDF surgery, my T-Spine was collapsed due to C-7 pushing it outwards.

I looked up a few of the pages mentioned by Jo55 (thank you!) and failed, or passed depending on the way you look at it, the tests mentioned on one of the pages. I was looking into TOS when my neck was diagnosed. I'm going to look into it some more right now, and mention this to my PM/neuro tomorrow.

Hopefully, he would recognize the symptoms of TOS and has methods of his own to rule it out or diagnose it.

As for Valium, I had a prescription of it once and found it to be VERY helpful, even taken in a very small amount. I wish they'd give me that now, but nothing doing until the sleep study comes back (scheduled 3/26). I've suffered this long, I guess I'll have to make it another few weeks.

Thanks so much to you guys for your responses and help!

Leslie

Thanks for the help to everyone.
leslieeeee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote