Thread: Raw milk
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2008, 10:26 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Cyclops again,

O.K. I have to admit you have me questioning my decision. It's going to be my call I think and I'm really torn. Read the books and then see what you think. You can probably get them on Amazon.com used. They are really going round now. It really makes me want to grow my own food, but I can't bend over to harvest them or even in these woods have a place where the sun can get to it. I have to move my two outdoor plants around every year to get enough sun to keep them going. Heavy woods where I live. It has it's advantages in the Summer. Keeps the house cooler.

Back to the milk. Now I really have to think about it. I had my first gallon this week and I know they use one of the closed milking machines and follow protocol to clean it. Also they have a strict rule for not selling it until it's cooled to a certain temp. They keep a vet sheet showing when the vet sees the heifers. He sees them once a week. There are only three for milking. A very small operation. Their own family drinks the milk.

One of the things I've noticed this week is that I'm usually so constipated. Miralax and magnisium every night. But after about two days of a cup of milk a day, I'm having two movements a day. Unheard of, sometimes I skip days even. I've taken Activa, used yogurt, bought the live type of yogurt. None of this did what this milk has done.

I know my immune system is shaky, but there is evidence that raw milk will get the calcium into your bones faster. Mine are so thin they don't show up on my podiatrist's xray machine. He sat and looked at it in amazement and said "I don't know how you are on your feet with no more bone than that!". I'm stubborn that's how. His new orthotics work, but I can't find shoes that hold them. I'm finding that Naot is the only thing around here that I can buy that will hold them and they are $100-250 a pop. I now own 2 pair of shoes. Both black. All my clothing runs in the brown shades, I'm a redhead. But hey...I've got feet and can still use them.

My life has improved some. I can get around for short distances, but I can't stand, walking like real walking is a real joke, I'm in constant burning, mindnumbing pain. Some days I can't concentrate. Today is one of those, I was sitting at the table trying to work out some jewelry designs for the new Spring Line. I found I was unable to concentrate. All I could think of was pain, getting up to move around, it feels as if there is an electric wire in my tailbone on the left side. And it feels as if my spine is burning inside it. Do you understand. My knee and ankle on the left side don't work right and the bone in my pelvis that was displaced has healed wrong. So all is not hunky dory. But I'll get there one way or another.
Thanks for all the research. I'll have to make up my own mind.

Billye