View Single Post
Old 03-13-2008, 11:44 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I have never stored my Duragesic Patches or the generic Fentanyl Transdermal Patches in the fridge...and they have all worked just fine and I now have over 6 years experience using these patches. I do avoid heating pads, too long in a warm shower/bath, etc which is covered in the accompanying instructions. Absolutely nothing else my docs have prescribed, including Lyrica, have come anywhere close to controlling my constant 7 to 9.5 pain levels. These patches have reduced that pain to a 2-4 level which I have learned over the years to virtually ignore.

The patches don't always work for everyone but they have been a lifesaver for me. I sufferred horrific pain for the first 14 years I had PN and as I look back on all those years I honestly don't know how I made it. All of you who have this level of pain understand what I'm saying and I sincerely hope you have found a doc that will work with you and that you have also found significant relief. Untreated and undertreated pain is a national disgrace and there is just no excuse for this. I pray that in the years ahead this tragedy will be eliminated.

Last edited by DanP; 03-13-2008 at 11:48 PM. Reason: Grammar
DanP is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote