View Single Post
Old 03-14-2008, 12:51 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluenurse View Post
I wouldn't use a representative that was being paid by your prospective LTD carrier. Your LTD company wants you to recieve ssd because that ammount(SSDI) will be deducted from the monthly amt that you will recieve from them.

I was awarded SSDI on my first attempt, and did it on my own. But, I needed a lawyer to represent me for my LTD( that was denied even after SSDI award). As soon as they saw the legal letterhead I recieved my benefits.

Just take it a day at a time, it's a draining process. And, remain optimistic.

However,I was not applying regarding Workmans Comp but for total disability, so the process may be different..
:/ How bad can it be if my MAXIMUM income per month for 24 months is $500 from LTD?.... I guess the point I should focus on is like you said: should I trust a rep paid for by my LTD carrier...
sorry- i'm just up to my eyeballs in legal stuff and various forms, I guess I really would just love to jump at the chance to have professional help. I gotta remember Snow White's wicked step-mom offered help too in the form of a poisoned apple, right?

thursday is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote