View Single Post
Old 03-14-2008, 05:43 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

I feel for you snoodles, truly I do.

I used to work 4 jobs. One was medical, one was VERY active, one was for MY brain and one was to have benefits. I am down to one job now, the one for the benefits. I switched to working nights, because there are no supervisors on that shift. I only have one other person there with me and I am the senior staff. It's the ONLY thing that has kept me working. No one can see me!

Having to give up my other jobs that I loved was HARD! When the cognitive stuff and the fatigue were kicking me down, it was safer to do it before I hurt someone. I can't NOT work, so I did what I had to do to protect myself and others.

I was offered the out by my neuro at the time, but I just couldn't do it. I do know that it's better to have your docs on your side. The NP is not the doc!

I am still hoping that I will get at least ONE of those jobs back...it's still waiting for me any time I feel ready!

Good luck in whatever you decide!

I have this mental picture in my mind of you all, shaking bones and bells and charms, muttering prayers and voodoo curses, dancing around in a circle of salt, with leetle glasses and tiny bottles of cheer in the middle...myyyyyy friends!

diagnosed 09/03/2004
scheduled to start Tysabri 03/05
Tysabri withdrawn from market 02/28/05
Copaxone 05/05-12/06
Tysabri returned to market 06/05/06
Found a new neuro 04/07
Tysabri 05/25/07-present
Medical Marijuana legally 12/03/09

Negative for JC virus antibodies!

I'm doing alright and making good grades,
The future's so bright, I gotta wear shades!
Riverwild is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote