View Single Post
Old 03-14-2008, 09:10 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Tell your professors

Hi:

I can see this from both sides of the issue because I have been through it and I have a Brother who is a College Professor. It is always to your advantage to let your Professors the nature of your learning disabilities and other problems that will change the manner in which you both learn information and the way that you are able to express it in exams amd papers.
All my Professors were very understanding and were willing to work with me so that I would have the best chance possible to complete my work and pass the courses. I was in College 30 years ago and was very fortunate.

As Lizard says in the time when we were born and dealing with school there were few people who understood lerning disablilities and considered students to be "lazy" because it was easier.

Another thing that is important is that if you have a siezure disorder it is to your advantage that you teacher knows it because it can be to your advantage and prevent you from getting hurt if you should have a problem in class one day

Mister
mister is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote