View Single Post
Old 10-11-2006, 08:48 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Beth,

My first thought - have your daughter evaluated by a mental health professional. He or she will be able to tell you if there might be more going on....ADD or.....

I have what you would call a "strong willed daughter" and this has been the case since the begining - she is now 14.

I could never keep shoes and/or socks on this child, she was also very picky about things that would touch her. Her moods flipped from one extreme to the next. Our lives and what we did and when became based on her mood at that time. She could/would become violent in her reactions to all of us....her dad, me and her brother. Her brother was afraid of her and he is 2 years older. Yet she is a very kind hearted person.

I knew something was not right and finally when she was 6 years old and had come at me and drew blood I knew I had to seek help. At this point she was also telling me -"just kill me mom I don't want to be like this" this statement was not meant as *attention* she really didn't have control of how she reacted to things.

My daughter was dx'd - ADD, depression, sensory intergration disorder, ODD (oppositional definite disorder). This is not a child that comes from a broken home or an abusive situation. This is a chemical imbalance and part of her DNA.

Medication and psychotherapy has given her the ability to become a wonderful maturing teenager.