View Single Post
Old 03-14-2008, 09:20 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Melody,

I believe it was because I was not quite ready to start them yet and I still haven't. But there is some literature out there that says they should be stored in the fridge once the box is opened. So, mine are staying put until such time as I make a decision.

Dan,

I have to agree with you even though I haven't tried them yet. And these were NOT prescribed for PN; moreso spinal disorders. And people need to remember not everyone can take oral meds without tearing their stomachs up. So, I believe a transdermal route is VERY helpful to those who simply can't tolerate oral meds. Also, I am one that can't tolerate a variety of meds period. Opiates are about the only ones that I can handle. My PM prescribed this LOW does because he knows all of my issues. And no, contrary to popular opinion, he doesn't just arbitrarily prescribe these. We talked about that too. He makes certain that his patient or patients have been on opioids for awhile before even thinking about it.

As far as sweating goes, I did ask my PM about that as well. I HAVE to take sitz baths and I do have night sweats from time to time. But as he stated, my CORE temp never really goes up. Actually, sometimes I thought I had a fever; I could be having a hot flash, take my temp and it is normal. I have also talked with plenty of people who are on the patch and they take baths, sit in hot tubs and all kinds of things and it doesn't bother them at all. I have also talked to my Neurologist about it and she agrees wholeheartedly with my PM. It is either try the patch or try med after med after. I have already been that route and it was horrible.

I haven't made my decision yet but I am leaning more and more towards it.
Kathi49 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote