View Single Post
Old 03-14-2008, 09:47 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

The only oil in my house (for 20 years), is Extra Virgin Olive Oil. I have to laugh when I watched Rachel Ray and she goes EVOO. I never new that meant Extra Virgin Olive Oil.

The italian people use this for everything. And some say the Mediteranean diet is good. I don't use butter, never have. I just put a bit of EVOO on my salads. I don't use vinegar, never have, I hate the taste.

I also put the olive oil on my face before I retire for the night. Hey, if it's good enough for the italians, it's good enough for my face.

I have never had any skin problems except for a bit of Granuloma Anulare (look that up, it's not pretty), on my left hand. I went to various dermotologists and one guy said : Oh, you burned your hand". I said: "no I did not". The second guy said "I know exactly what that is, do you use the internet? and I said 'of course, and he said "go home and look up granuloma anulare. I will never forget those two words. He froze off the lesion. It turned into a scab. Then it looked like a tatoo on my hand.

I had this lesion for 2 years. It was frozen off two years ago. And you wouldn't know I had it if you looked at my left hand today. Completely gone, no trace of it at all.

Now I handle Olive oil all the time. Maybe some of it rubbed on the spot, who knows. I did put Vitamin E on that place on my left hand.

I'm just happy it's completely gone. It was about one inch around.

If you look up Granuloma Anulare on the internet, you will see that it's often referred to as Rings. Some people have such bad cases, well look it up and they show the photos.

I remember thinking to myself. That is what's going to happen to me??

Luckily, and believe me, I do say Luckily, it did not re-occur.

Not even a remnant remains of this lesion that was on my left hand.

But Alan's psoriasis, well, that's a whole new ball of wax.

He is now in the shower. and when he comes out, we'll apply it, and tomorrow we'll do the same. We are giving this a trial run. Have nothing to lose, I have the stuff in my house. I cook with it, I eat it and now we are using it on Alan. You have to laugh at this, because if this works, it's a miracle.

Years ago, (I was 22) I worked with an 18 year old beautiful young girl. I will never forget her. Even if it was 90 degrees outside, she wore long sleeves, and turtle necks. Never understood why. I had never heard of psoriasis until I met her.

One day she wore a buttoned up blouse. With long sleeves. The air conditioning had malfunctioned and she was sweating. I blurted out. Just open up your blouse and roll up your sleeves". She said "I can't". Then she motioned me to come over. She opened up her blouse and rolled up her sleeves. She explained that for as long as she could remember she had psoriasis all over her body (except for her face). It never went on her face or head. But she looked like a (well, I don't want to be explicit).

Just imagine an 18 year old covered with psoriasis from her feet to the top of her neck. Her arms, her torso. Everyplace but her hands and her face.

I had never heard of this and my face must have registered this and she said 'and I'm getting married". I just stood there and said: "wow, she must have some nice boyfriend". She read my face and said" 'yeah, he's really something, he got over the way my body looks and he loves me for ME".

I admired her like you cannot believe. Many people do not know what it's like to live with various dieseases, disorders, lesions, whatever. This girl knew it all. She had also been to every doctor imaginable. Nothing helped her.

Her immune system must have been in over-drive or something.

So be assured, if this olive oil thing works, I shall update you on this post.

Take care,

Melody.

P.S. Tell your daughter to warm it between her hands and apply it. Just a light film over the patches. Can't hurt right??

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote