View Single Post
Old 10-11-2006, 08:51 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Question TOS Sensitivity Training: your method?

This is something that always comes to my mind when someone disbelieves my pain or my limitations. Also I think about this when I am in horrible pain.

I've seen sensitivity training for the elderly: they place shoes on your feet with little spikes (to make you walk badly); flashing lights on your eyes (to make you distracted easily); multiple audio tracks playing in your ears (to confuse you)... etc. It really made me more sensitive to my Mom and other Elders.

So what would you do to provide TOS sensitivity training to your friends/family?

Here's my plan for such people:

1) place a doggie harness thru both arms, with 2 metal clips on the back. Did I mention the harness should be 2 sizes too small?

2) place plastic gloves on both hands, plastic wrap around arms up to the shoulders.

3) place 50lb ankle weights on each upper arm, and also on the lower arm.

4) after 24hrs, smack the person in the back of the neck with a 1" x 4" plank.

Now, tell your person to go out and "have a nice day"... week...month...year...life. Tell them to brush their hair or teeth. Tell them to drive or do all of their normal daily routines. You all know for a fact that after 3 hours your victim would be screaming to get out of the harness, as it is cutting into their shoulders. Well, they CAN'T. Their arms would be like deadweight by now. Tell them to try to sleep with those 2 metal clips digging into their backs (they are NOT allowed to sleep on sides or stomach). After 24hrs, they will be raving mad, crazy screaming and insane. OH, also tell them to be pleasant, sociable and NOT to discuss their problem with anyone.

Ya know what? WE do this every day... some of us possibly for the rest of our lives. I'll bet some of you have other ideas to emulate symptoms we have... would LOVE to see your ideas!!

Anne

"It is what it is."

Last edited by astern; 10-11-2006 at 08:54 AM. Reason: spelling
astern is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote