View Single Post
Old 03-14-2008, 10:40 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Vit D deficiency

Ok I'll start by saying I have MS so everyone knows. But starting in 2006 I started having low Vit D levels, we were living in Germany at the time in an area that was always gray and cloudy so I wasn't out in sun as much, but still,normal levels are between 20-50 and oftentimes in caucasians is as high as in the 70's according to my doc, mine was 8. I took 50,000u (huge dose)
twice weekly for a month or two and then a regular supplement.

That got my levels up and they have remained normal as recently as October, we have since moved back to the states and I am outside alot, however I just had my levels checked because I have been having severe aching and bone pain again, my level was less than 2!!! I think it was like 35 in October. So in less than six months it has nose dived.

I have no idea why this keeps happening and am supposed to talk to my doc about looking into why I seem to be having malabsorption issues. Until Jan I was on Rebif now Tysabri as of Tues...I do take alot of steroids. Wondering if it isn't med related? Not sure...anyone else?

Renee

One's dignity may be assaulted, vandalized and cruelly mocked, but cannot be taken away unless it is surrendered.
NaeNae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote