Old 03-14-2008, 10:53 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Oh Billye!

The best site I've found is the following:
http://www.cidpinfo.com/diagnosis/di...005/index.aspx
This whole website is serious and worthwhile reading!

As for your spinal pain? are you sure it's just not due to spinal compression or the many fractures you might have sustained? I ask as I'm not recalling any cases of 'spinal pain' in direct connection w/CIDP. Often folks who have been on steroids for CIDP do develop spinal issues...that doesn't mean it can't happen tho.

I am confused at times, for you, really, that with the effects steriods have had on your overall health and all that NOT one doc has suggested you try IVIG. You certainly qualify to try it with the Sjorgens'.

Trying IVIG seems like a hit-or-miss approach and the success rates for it's use is between 40-60%, but if it works? That is considered a qualifying criteria. Go figger.

I apologize but I'm forgetting the specific antibodies that are tested from blood workups and the spinal fluids.... It's been a while, But they are specific immune anti-bodies relating to IgG [1&2], IgA and IgM.... And tests for these antibodies MUST be conducted to even qualify for IVIG, as a portion of folks are allergic to the IgA or IgM. High ANA#'s usually are indicators to test for the IG anti-bodies.

I do wish I could help more! Gentle 's!!!!!!!!!!!!! - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote