View Single Post
Old 10-11-2006, 09:48 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Practice!!!

For my first few weeks of therapy [about 3-4...] I COULD NOT DO IT!...practice, and other supportive, strenghtening exercises.... well, by week 5 Heck! I could/was doing it! It was a sort of creep up on you CAN-DO!!! It was kind of a smack on the head big YESSS!
While your current nerves are mis-directing, good therapy aspects Can and DO retrain other nerves to do the job. It can be a slow and must be a gradual and progressive process. IF you over achieve, doing too much too soon you can do MORE damage, a thing none of us wants, ever.
Get smart, go smart, go slow, go progressively slow & smart and Get there!
I was told over a year ago by a 'second opinion' guru that IF I HAD X diagnosis, I HAD to be in a wheelchair.. my response was, I got the treatment I need, and I am too durn stubborn to give up in that way... I can drive, walk [not far tho]and can tryto be my own independent person...I DO NOT see any fat ladies [no offense here to those who've gained weight inadvertently...] singing my demise of late...
Oh, BTW I absolutely FAIL any 'eyes' closed test w/certainty! DUH! How FAR can one 'list'? LOTS

Good thoughts, heart and strength to go on -we all get there-whereever 'there' is! - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote