Thread: The Night
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2008, 06:44 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by herekitty1960 View Post
I'm one of those weirdo's who isn't bothered by nighttime. I can fall asleep just fine whether I'm home alone or not. I'm not sure why I've become this way because when I was married I hated it when Tim was gone overnight. I'd hear every noise and just knew something was going to get me. Now, I can be alone during an horrendous thunderstorm where the electricity is knocked out in the middle of the night and I just snuggle deeper into my bed.

Sometimes I think I've been through the worst things a person could endure - and a little darkness isn't going to hurt me (or scare me).
There was a point where I screwed up my courage (this was a few years back), and I turned all the lights off in my home and then walked through it. Funny how the eyes adjust and you can see. Not like when you first turn off the lights and it's so dark.

I wandered through the house, no fear.

Now I just can't sleep; I always think someone might break in and I won't hear them and take evasive action. Isn't that silly. Must be the latest news and seeming vulnerability I see.

I have an alarm system and double locks and such, but it still worries me.

As I said, what the difference really is that dh is here or not I don't know. He sleeps like a rock. One time the liner of our chimney fell in...horrendous noise. He slept through it!

Tootsie