View Single Post
Old 08-31-2006, 07:52 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Good, good. . . what a relief!

Those dang seizures. I think I got the school a little too worried as they let me know about every little thing now. Ah well.

We started lamictal last night. It will take 3-4 months to get up on that and off keppra. ugh.

I find it odd that both neuros we have seen have mentioned topomax and trileptal, but have not recommended either for Becca - and Megs and her are so similar. This new one said trileptal could be an option, but lamictal was better for Becca. He said he did not want to use topomax on her, but I forget why. Hmmm...

I just hope - whatever it ends up being - that the right one(s) are found so that our girlies will stop their little seizure sisterhood.

We saw the new NS today and liked him a lot. Says she would be a candidate for ETV again down the line if this shunt ever failed. We have a sleep-deprived EEG and and MRI later this month. We'll know more then. No seizures for over a week now, thank God.

Congrats on the new job and going back to school! Sounds like a really busy time your way!

Give that sweet Megan a hug from us. I hope her throat feels better soon, and that her head continues to be fine.

xo
Kathleen
kathleenandjoe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote