Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemar
what a cool lil guy Pamster
He made me smile too
I am so glad he made you smile Chemar! He does that for me all day long, I sit here and call out, "Turtlini, Mr. T, Turtlini!" and he looks at me like I am crazy, but it's fun...LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsd
I had a turtle like this when I was about 7-8. I used to make an obstacle
course for him out of old blankets, and cardboard, and have him explore.

Of course 50+ yrs ago his home wasn't at all spiffy like your Mr. T's is!

Will this guy grow big enough to eat your fish? Fibrowendy has turtles too.( It think she is the one--I hope I am not mistaken).
Have you seen the picture she has of one of her tortises driving her car?
Ask her to post it...it is very funny.

What do you feed this guy?
I bet your turtle loved that obstacle course MrsD!
He definitely will gow big enough to eat the fish but they were ten cents a piece and I bought them as feeder fish so it won't bother us at all. He likes to eat the smaller ones, so the two in the pictures are still too big for him, so they will be around for awhile. Thanks for the compliment on my tank setup, I am very pleased with how well it's looking now. Here is a full shot you can see the 'basking platform' he uses to dry out to avoid getting shellrot and to warm up under the light:

Other then the turtle pellets enriched with vitamins and stuff, he eats crickets, some fruits, and worms and such. He even eats the flake fish food! What a little hungry fella eh?
He's going to grow to be about this big too:

Amazing photograph I think, it comes from
just surfing around the photo galleries there can take HOURS...They have some really incredible pics there of some really gorgeous turtles.

Last edited by Pamster; 03-14-2008 at 07:58 PM. Reason: Adding a new pic
Pamster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Doody (08-21-2008)