View Single Post
Old 03-15-2008, 01:02 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniella View Post
Hi. I live in Southern Ca in Ventura which is about 90 min from LA.Wing it is like when I walk outside the air is blowing into my eyes and why I bought special glasses but waiting. I guess MI is more humid on a good day then Ca is always.So what part of Ca is the best for this?Maybe I could go for a weekend. Traveling in my state far is not possible I feel. I can't imagine for me this is part of the aging process cause don't forget I am in my late 20's still. The way my skin looks it looks like I am going through puberty. I just start a prescription cream. I have family in TX. They get cold though in the winter and that is bad for my legs. There is no perfect location I guess. Thanks all.
Ventura has just about a perfect climate for most people. That's why its wall-to-wall housing tracts. Believe it or not, Ventura was mainly agricultural when I was a kid, growing citrus, avocados, vegetables, strawberries, and even bananas (really, at the base of the hills near the sea north of town). It looked like heaven to me, compared to where I lived in Los Angeles.

Ventura gets a moderate amount of rain, mainly in the winter. It's almost never below freezing, but rarely gets uncomfortably hot. Most days, even in the summer, you'll get a nice refreshing sea breeze almost every afternoon. Except for the rare Santa Ana wind events, the humidity would usually range from above 40% to below 80% (higher at night). Summer highs will usually be between 70 and 85 degrees (not too humid), and winter highs are usually between 60 and 70. There is much less pollen in the air than the midwest, and the air pollution is much less than L.A.'s because of the sea breeze.

I think something else is setting off your problems. Stress? An infection? A drug reaction? Food allergy? Other allergies? I think you need to see a physician, and maybe a dermatologist to determine the causes and treatment for your skin problems. One thing you can do meanwhile is look up the side effects of all the medicine you are taking, including over the counter, at www.rxlist.com . See if dermatitis is one of the side effects, and then discuss it with your physician.