View Single Post
Old 03-15-2008, 02:31 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default I had an anterior microforominotomy with Dr. Jho

I have never done this before but felt I should after reading some of these posts. I have cervical spinal stenosis at 3 levels and degenerative disc disease at two. Started having neck and shoulder pain right side and numbness in left arm and fingers with tightness. I live on the west coast and went to see the local orthopedic clinic where this was diagnosed with MRI and xrays. Told I would need a 3 level fusion. So I searched out a second opinion at the St. Marys spine center in San Francisco same diagnosis.
They offered to let me into a 2 disc replacement study with half of the people getting fusions and half getting replacements. I said I would think about it and found Dr. Jho on the web looking for a miracle I started calling. I had a similar experience where no one would return my calls. Finally after consistently calling for 6 months I saw Dr. Jho and had surgery 2 levels c5-6 6-7 on the left side. He was very vague during my meeting with him the day before my surgery in fact my husband wanted to leave and think about it.
But I had come all that way and was looking for anything that would avoid a fusion. I was told the surgery went well I think this whole time Dr. Jho spoke 10 words since I had seen him to begin with. I always felt like I was bothering someone or asking questions I shouldn't dare ask. I did get the feeling back in my left hand and fingers at that time. Left the hospital the next day immediately started running a fever 104 in my hotel room. No answering service at Jho's office survived until the next morning have never felt so sick. Went in to Jho's office next day he gave me 3 minutes of his time and a prescription for antibiotics. He said I should have just gone to emergency. Had a reaction to the antibiotics same story. They informed me they would not be in over the weekend not to call and have a nice trip home. To make a long story even longer the numbness has returned and I never heard from them again. I emailed the office manager and told her it was a horrible experience from beginning to end. I couldn't even get my script for my 6 week post op MRI. Finally had my local Dr order it for me. He looked at the MRI and said he noticed very little was done to help my condition. I am now seeing another neurosurgeon who is calling it a failed surgery and says I need to have a fusion at three levels still. I contacted Jho's office and they sent me an email saying they were sorry I wasn't one of the success stories sorry.
Dr. Jho didn't ever call he had his physicians assistant call and recommend we do 2 more surgeries. The pain in the right side of my neck and right shoulder has been 10 times worse since the surgery. My pain was always on the right side to begin with. I don't feel Jho's office was honest about the way they presented the surgery, the outcome, or what it could do for me. And they do not care about the patient That has been proven. I don't know which Dr. Jho these other people who say he had all the time in the world for them have seen. But it was not the same Dr. I unfortunately had to deal with.
trvlagnt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote