View Single Post
Old 03-15-2008, 07:32 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thank you so much for the responses...

Oh Blessings – I’m sorry you are hearing the same type thing and sorry that you relate to what I am saying !!!!

River – I think you and I have had very similar lives – for one thing – as I recall – it seems like somewhere way back on another forum you and I discussed our love of whitewater kayaking – I may be wrong but especially with your name. I used to do everything under the sun and was always told by my friends that I was trying to fit 3 life’s into 1 lifetime !!! I just LOVED LIFE !!! Now, like you, I am just trying to “fly under the radar at work and hold down a job”….  I am so glad the Neuro is on your side and in all honestly – mine may be with me – I have never talked to her, only the NP.

Cherie, I do know that a friend of mine has a husband who fought for 4 years and just now got his disability approved. They went through all their savings and had to hire an attorney. I am on my own and would do well to survive 3 months, let alone 4 years !!! Just saying the words out loud – “that I am realizing the need to stop working” was traumatic to me – just admitting it to anyone outside of our online group because it is a HUGE, HUGE and upsetting decision. Going through the ‘re-living” of all this mess would be painful and I hate the thoughts of that whole process but for now – I have a new mindset (see below)… 

Fin, No – I have not talked with my Neuro about this issue at all and she may have an entirely different take on my situation.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Yesterday I had a follow-up with my Endocrinologist – I am now feeling like “fighting” again to maintain my ability to work.

She dx me with Hashimoto’s Disease, (which I was expecting) and I would like to think that the dx rules out the “probable MS”, but I think that is still an unknown. BUT… I talked to her for a long, long time about my memory/cognitive issues and those problems do go along with Hashimoto’s so it is possible and I am very hopeful that with the medication to treat this disease - at least some of the issues that I am having may get better !!! I feel hopeful – so for now, at least – I am going to hang on to my job for dear life and fight like the dickens to get my mind working better. Hashimoto’s has a lot of similar symptoms as MS.

By the way – I said above that I don’t have mobility problems – what I was meaning is that I can “generally” walk with no aid. I use a cane at night and when I first start walking I am visibly stiff and people sometimes mention it – in fact the nurse yesterday asked me if my leg had fallen asleep when she saw me trying to walk – so I guess it is a bit more than I like to realize….

Thank you again so much for you replies !!!

"Probable MS" Symptoms since winter 1996/97
Cervical Spinal Stenosis
Hashimoto's Disease
Fibromyalgia

Some days you're the windshield.... some days you're the bug.
snoodles is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote