View Single Post
Old 03-15-2008, 04:01 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Shocked I had a scary night

Hi...

I had a scrary night last night. I stayed up late playing an online game until about 1AM. I took my Lunesta and went to bed. I woke up at about 5AM with severe stomach cramping. I got up and went to the bathroom and the cramps were pretty bad. I was panicking about it when I realized how cold it was in the house. I needed to be warm so during a pause I quickly got up with the intention to turn up the heat. I felt dizzy and lightheaded, lost my balance and kind of bumped off the bathroom wall. The next thing I remember is laying flat on my back on the hallway floor looking up at the hallway light (I must have made it out of the bathroom) with my dog Sammy standing over me. I realized I had fainted and that scared me even more. I managed to get myself up and flopped myself on my bed. I was still panicky and then the cramps started again, so back to the bathroom and after that the cramps stopped and I went back to bed. I was clearer headed by then and while laying there, I noticed that a spot on my head hurt, my left middle finger hurt and my right knee hurt. I felt my head and I did have a bump on the back of my head near the top. I must have hit my head on the way down. Oh no, I thought, I could have a concussion. I didn't know what to do, go to the hospital or not. I decided not to. I fell asleep and I did wake up, that is the good news. I definately have a bump on my head and my middle finger really got crammed somehow, it's black and blue. In the hallway I have a couple of pictures on the wall and this morning, I noticed that one of them was crooked. I almost made it to the thermostat.

Man, it is frightening to have something like that happen. I think it was just stomach problems because I haven't been eating well again. But I also think that having the Lunesta in me didn't help the situation either. I was panicking about it, so obviously enough blood or oxygen wasn't getting to my brain so I passed out. I'm also in transition from Lexapro to Zoloft so that could have contributed to it as well. Those three thing together and I was OUT.

My stomach feels a just little quesy today. I sat down at my computer here today and my right arm started shaking when I held it out to type but I think it was because I haven't eaten much since yesterday. The shaking isn't as bad now that I ate.

I'm trying to decide if I should go to the ER anyway. I am leaning towards not going. I don't have a headache, my memory is fine, my thinking is clear. I was I bit dizzy when I got out of bed this morning, so I layed back down and then got up more slowly and after that I was fine.

I just needed to tell somebody about it. It scares me to think that it could have been much worse.

Love,

Hope
Looking4hope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote