View Single Post
Old 03-15-2008, 08:27 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady_express_44 View Post
.....but when you are numb and hurting everywhere, I find any "closeness" very uncomfortable.
Cherie

Same here, Cherie

I have had numbness in the nether regoin. The numbness will usually show up with an exacerbation but I have had numbness without any indication of an exacerbation.

Like you the numbness has never been permanent although it has made intimacy difficult at times. I am fortunate to have a husband who is kind, understanding and compassionate. We have been married for almost 27 years and together for almost 29 years so he has been with me longer than the diagnosis.

He also has problems with being intimate when he knows I am having issues in the nether region - he doesn't want to cause me more pain or discomfort.

If numbness became a permanent symptom? I don't know how we would handle the situation but I do know we would support each other to the best of our ability. I say "we" because even though I am the one with MS this disease affects him also.

I have experienced sensory pain along with numbness off and on since this last exacerbation however being intimate has actually been quite nice - I would have thought being intimate would cause more pain and discomfort but there is no pain or discomfort while being intimate - go figure. This is just one strange disease.