View Single Post
Old 10-11-2006, 11:44 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Morning Yall,
My mother in law's sitter is here right now giving her a shower so I am taking advantage to get some me time. I hate having to have the help with her but I do so I might as well get use to it. Her alzhimers is getting worse quickly it seems. I am thankful she stayed in the stage she did for so long at least.

My diet...is a battle. My husband was telling me about a study where they say that people with food addiction have the same brain responses as people who use drugs or drink. I belive it. I will be eating something and telling myself I don't need or want this stop eating it and I go right on. I have been so down latley feeling gulity over not being able to have kids that I have just been on a binge. I have a new baby cousin and my Mom and Dad are both wanting a grandbaby so bad, they don't mean to make me feel bad about it but I am just so guilty. I know I use food to numb all my feelings about the disability issues and I need to cope in a way that doesn't make me the size of a small car.
I am not losing but not gaining either so I am glad of that.
I looked into the Medifast program and dont think that is for me, mainly due to the price. I did look into it and a lot of people with medical conditions have used it. It is about a 500 calorie a day diet ...bit extreme for $300 a month.
I am trying for 1000 a day. It is extreme but I am at a desperate point. My SI joint dysfunction is making it about impossible to walk or do anything.
Maybe finding you guys again will keep me motivated. Thanks for letting me know where yall were Billie.
Karen
mrsQ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote