View Single Post
Old 03-15-2008, 09:33 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thank you very much for the information. I think you have provided me with more information than I have gotten from my doctors this entire time! I have not been feeling very well so I am going to check out the links tommorrow and just answer a few of the questions now.

I live in western Michigan, near Lake Michigan and have been treated at U of Mich for 1-1/2 years. I have been on prednisone that long or more and also take imuran, pamelor for nerve pain, synthroid, singulair, enablex, and procardia, prilosec, calcium +D. Not sure if the blood pressure problem is from the vasculitis or the prednisone.

I had a sural nerve biopsy early on which showed only slight axonal degeneration. Emg/NcV is in normal range but differs from left to right leg which I was told indicates an autoimmune cause. MRI of brain but not spine, spinal tap (normal) lots and lots of lab work for toxins, deficiencies etc. all normal. Had a positive P-Anca and high ESR early on before treatment but normal now. I have had a wide range of bizarre symptoms affecting hearing, speech, joints, muscles, memory, nerves etc. Things are much better now than before treatment but still not in remission as we had hoped. Also my walk is being affected and probably some autonomic function. Pain has become a huge problem.

Wow, that was long and I think I answered everything. Thanks again for the info. I will check it out soon.
Lakerk
Lakerk is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote