View Single Post
Old 10-11-2006, 11:55 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I have had them done by two different neurologists and one hurt more than the other, so I have to think some of this is in the technique. I also would not go through it again. I had two of them done rather close in time and the outcome or diagnosis was totally different. When I asked my surgeon how that could be and is it possible the test is a bit subjective he agreed with me. One of my surgeons told me he rarely ever sends a patient for one and does not reley on the results for surgery.

For example: I had the lower extremities done in Janaury...The fellow that did it said I had radiculopathy...and gave the nerve root...Then had it repeated...the second neurologist said that I had neuropathy. Same thing with the upper extremities...He said I showed no signs of carpel tunnel, etc...She did one nerve while retesting the lumbar and said I showed signs of impingement and Carpel tunnel in the right hand.. She said I should ask for a script and allow her to retest the upper extremities...I did ...She did not find the original impingement...which upset me more than anything...but then went on to say that I had carpel tunnel in the opposite hand, left hand...which I do, but what about what she found in the right hand...where did that go? ...The woman neurologist had me in pain and tears from the tests...The first neurologist had me jerking, but no tears....but I think his findings were more on the money too...

It is not a life altering test....It is an unpleasant test...You will survive it....The upper extremities is much more unpleasant than the lower..Good Luck!

8/17/05 - Cervical Fusion - C4-5, 5-6, 6-7 - Anterior and Posterior Fusion with plate in front and rods and screws in the rear - Corpectomy at C-4 and C-5 and microdisectomy at C6-7.

1/4/05 - Lumbar Laminectomy -L3, L4, L5, S1, S2 Obliteration of Tarlov Cyst at S2. Failed surgery!
GJZH is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote