View Single Post
Old 03-16-2008, 12:58 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Area can be healing, from tube or inflamation, scarring

Pherenic nerve damage is immediate and very concerning. The symptoms seem to be another or coexisiting symptom too. THe pherneic nerve traveks to either side of the diaphgram and allows to expane and deflate the lungs. I am not sure about irratation, but damaged nerve is when you need Ox to breath from shortness of breath of the innability to inflate the lung. When I had a friend in NJ had surgery her side effect was a deep raspy voice, almost too hard to speak. She had scar matter post op wrap around the area, a clean up redo was done and did aleviate that symptom.

I would wonder about if you had a breathing tube and damage done from the anestisia? This I heard from other surgeries not a TOS surgery developing and it did take months to have the inflamation calm down.
Post op is not weeks, it is months and years. Not like having tonsils out, an arm break repaired, etc. The nerves for some are fine and others hyper signals, even in some spots permanant feel of novacain numbness.

Do a general search on post op anesethsia side effects and see if anything fits.
Sounds like resting does help you. Becareful chewing, chew everything theorughly, what if you did not feel a too large piece, or too large got stuck .
TOS is always a detective work, not a cookie cutter in the world for us,

I knew of one gal from old forum that had a TOS surgery, first time on this side she had a pherenic nerve paralyzed. Then after a redo on the opposite side the second pherenic nerve was paralyzed. She is on oxygen total for life support, has an aid dog, needs a motor chair to get around and every breath is a challange. w/c was trying to cut O2 for her and we had a campaign to pray and send letters to her representatives to help in the life needed treatment. She was a professional singer too. The surgeon, a top of the top considered surgeon.

Keep us updated,
dianne

Pocono area, PA

Last edited by DiMarie; 03-16-2008 at 01:14 AM.
DiMarie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
stos2 (01-05-2013), tied (07-30-2010)