View Single Post
Old 10-11-2006, 12:07 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Zanaflex

Hi Donna,
Just stopped in a minute between appointments for De and saw your post. I am copying and paste some information from a previous post I had on Zanaflex. THe medication works on the nerve where it inserts into the muscle to calm it down...
Di

This is the post:
De had side effects the first try at zanaflex, then my doctor perscribed it for me. Now I ran into a Pharmasutical Rep in the doctors office and told him about the side effect that was too much to function in normal life with.

This is what he explained to me....
The med in zanaflex works on the nerve where it inserts into the muscle...calming it down.
But, with the med side efects they strongly inform doc's to start very low and build SLOWLY! Such as 1 mg for several weeks, maybe three or four, then to 2 mgs for several more, taking months to get up to 4 mg...from there as your tolerance builds the side effects will go away.

I told him of a man when at work, was in a daze unable to operate machinery and falling asleep on a dime.

He stated, that is a problem for many. That his on family he urged to try it that way.
I did have good results, but when topamax came available to me, it helped much better.

Pocono area, PA

DiMarie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote