View Single Post
Old 03-16-2008, 10:00 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Thanks, friend. I don't know that there are a lot of us that have experienced this particular scenario, possibly because it likely only effects those with active (or previously active) spinal lesions. Fortunately a lot of people with MS don't ever face that . . . so hopefully you will stay in that group.

LA, I think sexual dysfunction is fairly common with MS, but not as much for the reasons I am experiencing. Fatigue, pain (in all areas), energy, dryness, moods, etc. . . . might all contribute to a lack of interest too. I think that perhaps the longer we have this disease, the more likely we could be to face these issues, although that is probably the luck of the draw too. My very first "known" attack included this paralysis and pain, and I was in my prime (age 31) at the time. It's been an intermittent problem for quite a while.

Do you notice other symptoms at the same time as the numbness there? It may be that those are times that you are going through an attack.

Thanks Snoopy . . . I thought this might have been an issue for you at times, since our disease process (and length of time with it) seems to be fairly similar.

My guy is patient as well, and also is very caring about the pain it can cause me. I hadn't ventured into a relationship for several years, partially for this reason. I still feel bad about it though.

Hi Cricket . . . nice to see you.

Yep it effects my bowels too, as you may recall from our prior discussions. I don't have the incontinence any more (that was a problem for years, with UC), but now the problem is the opposite. I did take to heart what you told me about that, and I am working hard at ensuring I do not leave this problem for lengthy periods . . . whatever it takes.

It is hard on a relationship, perhaps moreso with both "bottom" issues. If it's not one thing, it's another . . . so it takes a special person to be complacent with those obstacles. I wish I could be.

Thanks, Cherie