View Single Post
Old 03-16-2008, 10:11 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile Been a long time

Just thought I'd check in also. My pd doesn't seem to be progressing rapidly, some times I wonder if I even have it. But then, I am taking stalevo 3 times a day, carbo-leva-dopa 3 times a day and mirpex 3 times a day. My main issue continues to be rock hard muscles in neck and shoulders/upper back. My neuro seems to think it is not pd related, more ergonomic from working in front of computer all day.
Other than that, I am doing good. My kids (all 4 0f 'em) are either married, out of house, or in school living at college. So I am enjoying freedom I haven't had for quite along time. I have found some wonderful hobbies that I can't get enough of. I do lampworkng, japanese braiding, and jewelry making. I am absolutelly addicted to making glass beads and small sculptures (lampworking). I have been doing it for 1.5 yrs now and I think the hand coordination needed to do this has helped my pd.
I am still working, but have to go out to my car at lunch to take a nap because my energy level can't last all day. I love my job, but am actually looking forward to early retirement in about 1.5 yrs. I now have plenty of stuff other than work to do.
Lately I have had problems sleeping, wake up every night at 1:30. Are sleep problems an issue of pd? I hope not, there is nothing worse. I try not to worry about it, but this is hard to do when you only get 3 hrs sleep and have to work 8 hrs next day.
Hope all is well with everyone. I check in often, just don't reply, but am with you at all times. Sometimes, just don't have much to say it seems. Take care.
libra is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote