View Single Post
Old 03-16-2008, 10:16 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

I went through something similar last spring, and we had to move out of our home of 16 yrs. I had two months to find something (with a dog, cat and two kids), and I did, but it wasn't anything like what I had previously. It took me several months of cleaning and organizing . . . not to mention moving 13 TONS of "stuff" I had accumulated. It was a difficult time and I think I am still paying for it 10 months later.

If I wasn't so pressed for time, and didn't have youngish kids, I think I would have done things quite differently. I wish I would have opted to cull through a lot of my "stuff" before I moved, and although I didn't have much choice at the time, I should have down-sized my accommodations. I will have to do that eventually, but I certainly don't have the energy or inclination just yet.

Good luck in finding something reasonably suitable. Worst comes to worst, perhaps you can put a lot of stuff into storage (or leave it packed in the garage) in case you don't find something perfectly suitable right now. You can keep looking for something better, over time, and just not settle in to the new place as you would have normally.

Sorry about the loss of your home too. This must be a sad time for both of you.

Cherie
"Thanks for this!" says:
yeahbut (03-16-2008)