View Single Post
Old 03-16-2008, 11:01 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

Char,

Just take a deep breath - it's gonna be just fine.

I went through the same thing in October of last year. I was stressing out, looking at everything that was available and trying to find something without stairs.

I was wearing myself out and told myself that if the condo I was going to look at was nice and he would allow me to lease it then I was taking it - stairs or not. Well, it was nice - brand new but with stairs. But, no yard work which was a plus. The man was willing to lease it to me and I left with a rental application and he said he was going to take the ad out of the paper.

On my way home I passed a "for lease" sign at the front of a neighborhood and thought "what the heck, I'll take a look." Well, this house was perfect. A ranch with a flat driveway and small yard. Not a stair around. And a huge master bedroom with a bathroom that had a step in shower and separate spa tub. Enough room for a wheelchair, too, if I should ever need one. Just perfect in every way. And the man who owns it said "no dogs, but cats are just fine". What??? A man who loves cats!!! I couldn't believe it! He didn't even charge me a pet deposit!

And to think if I had not gone home that way I would not have seen it! God was watching out for me - like there is ever a day when He doesn't??!

Anyway, I called the other man back and told him thanks but I had found a place that better suited my needs. He understood and I moved in this new house the first of November.

I didn't need to wear myself out worrying. God already knew where He wanted me. And He knows where he wants you, too. I have no doubt that you will find a nice place and one that suits your needs.

I will keep you and your DBF in my prayers that God will lead you to the home He wants you in.
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
yeahbut (03-16-2008)