Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb re: r-lipoic

I used to have a severe sweating issue in the mid morning, or when I
excercised at all. I suspected this was a blood sugar thing, and my fasting
has been creeping up a little each year. Not enough to be diabetic but
it appears it will occur maybe in the next 5 yrs or so.

So I thought to control that fasting level ...what I got was:

Alot of energy... enough to have trouble falling asleep if I take r-lipoic after
2pm. I started at 100mg twice a day and soon discovered that was too much.
I then did 50mg in the morning on an empty stomach for a couple of weeks.
Now I am doing 100mg in the morning. I have just finished the first 60 ct bottle. I am buying at www.iherb.com

I have less hunger, no more sweating, and I seem to have more energy for my muscles. I have a similar response like I did on metformin years ago, without the GI issues. So I can compare somewhat. It is sort of like alot of caffeine without the caffeine side effects.

With spring here, I am just adding chromium supplements, 3-4 times a week for a while.

This getting OLD is certainly a DRAG!

I really like the r-lipoic.. It is not unlike the boost I received when I started SAMe back in 1999. SAMe of course does not boost me that I notice anymore it just keeps me from hurting all over.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote